Information for:


How to complain

If you have a complaint about your bursary/scholarship or the tuition fees you’re being charged, you must first go through the normal complaints procedures at your university or college.

If you are still not satisfied then you can take the matter to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education. This offers a free independent complaints scheme to students.

If you have a systemic complaint (e.g. not just about your individual bursary but about the way your university or college is paying bursaries for all students) please bring the matter to our attention.

Other complaints

OFFA has a duty to respect the autonomy of universities and colleges. We do not regulate the content and teaching of courses or admissions decisions. If you have a complaint about these or other non-bursary and tuition fee related matters, you must go through the complaints and appeals procedures at the university or college in question.