Guidance and useful information
This section gives you general guidance and information to help you keep your access agreement up to date and in line with best practice. Simply select the relevant link below.
Much of the guidance is drawn from the guidance notes we have issued to institutions over the years. If you want to access an original guidance note in full, please see our Guidance Note Archive. However, please be aware that we may have updated our guidance since issuing a note:
- Questions and answers on drawing up your 2014-15 access agreement
- Evaluating your access measures
- Equality and diversity in access agreements
- Fee and bursary limits (including exceptions) and state support thresholds
- The minimum bursary from 2010-11
- How to make your online financial information clear and accessible
- Deferred students: If you have changed your bursary since they applied, which bursary should you give them?
- Cut-off dates for paying bursaries
- Payment dates for bursaries and scholarships
- How to address the needs of looked after children/care leavers
- When DWP will disregard bursaries for benefit purposes
- Social work students – what are they entitled to?
- Offsetting bursaries against student debt to the university
- Changes in franchise/validation arrangements
- How to deal with mergers
- How to treat students on PGCE and other ITT (Initial Teacher Training) courses
- In-kind support