OFFA Advisory Group
OFFA established an Advisory Group in July 2011 to give the Director of Fair Access expert and impartial advice on policy issues, procedures and, where necessary, individual access agreements.
The Group is currently chaired by Dr John Selby, former Director (Education and Participation) at the Higher Education Funding Council for England. There are currently 13 other members:
- Femi Bola MBE (Director of Employability and Enterprise, University of East London)
- Sir Ivor Crewe (Master, University College Oxford)
- Dr Penelope Griffin (Head of Widening Participation, University of Nottingham)
- Nick Hillman (Director, Higher Education Policy Institute)
- Sarah Howls (Head of Student Opportunity, Higher Education Funding Council for England)
- Alison Levey (Director of Registry and Student Services, Aston University)
- Dr Lee Elliot Major (Chief Executive, the Sutton Trust)
- David Malcolm (Assistant Director, National Union for Students)
- Steve McArdle (Assistant Head, Durham Johnston Comprehensive School)
- Carol Prokopyszyn (Deputy Director of Finance, Loughborough University)
- David Ruebain (Chief Executive, Equality Challenge Unit)
- Fiona Waye (Policy Advisor, Universities UK)
- Jo Wiggans (Director, Aimhigher Research and Consultancy Network).
For more information on each Advisory Group member, including their registers of interests, click on their name above.
For more information on how the Advisory Group works with the Director of Fair Access and other staff, please see the Group’s terms of reference.