Information for:

Private institutions

Do private institutions need an access agreement?

No, only publicly funded institutions that wish to charge above the basic fee need an access agreement (see ‘Who has to have an access agreement?’ for a list of the criteria that define these institutions).

Note that students on designated courses are eligible for tuition fee loans of up to £6,000. For more information see the Student Finance England practitioners’ website.

Return to guidance index