National strategy for access and student success
Published April 2014
Reference BIS 14/516
A joint report to the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills from OFFA and the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). This follows a request to OFFA and HEFCE from Ministers to develop a shared strategy on higher education access and student success.
The national strategy’s vision is that all those with the potential to benefit from higher education have equal opportunity to participate and succeed, on a course and in an institution that best fit their potential, needs and ambitions for employment or further study.
Use the links below to access:
- A brief summary of the strategy’s vision, approach and key actions in the National strategy for access and student success part 1
- Full national strategy document including both parts 1 and 2 (published on BIS website)
- Full list of links to national strategy supporting evidence
- Analysis of responses to call for evidence
- The guidance note we issued to universities and colleges about the strategy
- The press release we and HEFCE issued jointly following publication of the strategy by the Government
- History of the national strategy – how and why it was developed