Guidance and useful information
On these pages you will find detailed guidance and information on our expectations around access agreements and monitoring, OFFA’s policies and views, and what we consider to be good practice.
This information is grouped by topic in the list below, and cross-referenced so that you can easily refer to the pages that apply to your own institution’s strategy for access, success and progression. You can also search using the box at the top of every page.
Important note: This section of our website is intended to support you in your ongoing work to improve access, success and progression, and in preparing an access agreement and/or monitoring return for submission to OFFA. It supplements but does not replace the annual guidance documents we publish for access agreements and monitoring. You must read the annual guidance before preparing either document for submission.
A-Z library of guidance
- Access agreements – the basics
- Changes to an existing agreement
- Checklist of required access agreement content
- Consulting students
- Contextual information
- Equality and diversity in access agreements
- Fee rises – what’s permitted?
- Fees and student finance: minimums, maximums and thresholds
- Fees and student numbers – how to tell us about them
- Financial support
- In-kind support
- Monitoring – the basics
- Preparing and submitting your access agreement
- Providing information to students
- Publishing your access agreement
- Strategic approach:
- Student success and progression
- Target groups
- Targets and milestones in your access agreement
You may also wish to refer to:
- our topic briefings on particular priority issues
- the archive of guidance notes we issue from time to time on specific issues
- glossary of terms used
- how to submit your access agreement to OFFA – step-by-step guide
- about the access agreement negotiation, approval and appeal process
- other useful information for university and college staff.
If you cannot find what you need please contact us.